What Our Customers Are Saying
“These solar post lights are absolutely beautiful!! We have them on our entire deck area and steps. They stay on till morning most of the time depending on the time of year and the weather. They are not as bright during dreary winter days, but as a rule they are nice and bright. This was one of my best purchases. I tried a cheaper brand, and as the old saying goes, “You get what you pay for”! Thanks for such a great product!”
Colonial Black Outdoor 4×4 Solar Powered Led Post Cap
- Low Price Guarantee
120% Low Price Guarantee
If you find a lower advertised price within 60 days of the date of your order, we’ll match that price, plus refund you 20% of the price difference.
We stand behind the products we sell with a 60 day return policy. The process is easy, just contact us to receive an authorization number. Certain restrictions apply. You can read our complete policy in our help section.
A solar powered, fully automatic post cap for your outdoor spaces.
This design adds light to exterior porches and decks. It’s easy to install, fully automatic and stays lit for up to 12 hours. Solar panels harness the sun’s energy to power two high-output LEDs. Dusk-to-dawn operation means these lights come on automatically in darkness. It comes in powder coated black aluminum and fits over a standard 4″x4″ post.
- Includes two high-output LED units.
- With two AA NiCad rechargeable batteries.
- Fits 4″x4″ post.
- 5 1/2″ wide and deep.
Let’s Take A Look At Some Products We Recommend You To Buy That You May Find Interesting
These solar-powered post lights have two mounting options: post mounted and ground stake. freedom to select the fashion you desire.
The solar-powered stake stand pathway lights include a light sensor, which enables them to switch on at night after solar charging throughout the day.
using a large-capacity rechargeable battery and an improved polycrystalline solar panel that can convert solar energy into power. No wiring to run, excellenan t alternative to reduce costs.
The Solar Pillar Lights may be used for security lighting pier mounting or landscape illumination ground mounting. 6.3*6.3*7.87 inches is an unusually large size. Ideal for Patio, Porch, Deck, Pool, Garden, Garage, Driveway, etc.
The GUYULUX Solar light post lamp is IP65 weatherproof, making it suitable for use in yards, buildings, loading docks, business entranceways, and other outdoor spaces.
Don’t Miss: How Many Solar Systems Are There
A Solar Lamp Post Light: What Is It
Because of the height of the post, using batteries could lead it to run out of power before the day is up and require replacement. Not to mention how much energy would be wasted if the lights weren’t turned off while not in use. Because of this, solar lamp post lights can be so successful at resolving each of these issues. You won’t have any issues with installation or battery replacement, you won’t have to worry about energy waste, and you won’t have to pay a lot for electricity this way.
But how does it address each of these issues? How does it function? What should one look for if they choose to switch to this alternative? These and other inquiries are addressed in this article. Additionally, it will provide a list of some of the top brands so you won’t have to waste time looking.
Blueyang Store Solar Post Flame Light
If you are looking for enery-saving solar post flame lights, then BlueYang is the right option. These amazing lights are suitable for illuminating gardens, pathway, yard, patios, deck and other outdoor spaces.
The flame dancing effect in these lights create a romantic and warm ambience. It is uniquely designed to provide mood-enhancing glow.
On a full charge, these solar lights provide 8 to 10 hours of working time. Being made from IP55 waterproof material, it doesnt get damaged by rain, frost, or snow.
The sturdy tempered glass and ABS material makes it durable and long lasting. It is equipped with 4 large panels which makes it charge faster.
Things we didnt like:
- Size is a bit small
You May Like: Are Solar Panels A Good Idea
The 9 Best Solar Post Lights Reviews And Buying Guide
Solar post light is a cost-effective method to lighten up the dark pathways, garden, yard, or outdoors of your house. Apart from that, they also enhance the security surrounding your project.
They use sunlight as a power source so you dont have to spend money on its maintenance. Most of them have light sensors that will automatically turn on at dusk and turn off at dawn. On a full charge, the lights can last all night long.
There are several solar post lights in the market, so to make purchasing a bit easier, you have to consider the below factors
It represents the coverage area of the light/brightness provided by the solar post light. It is usually measure in terms of lumens. Solar post lights will come with lumen count range from 100 to 300. For low lighting purposes in garden, up to 100 lumens will be enough. For brighter light source, 150 to 200 lumen is suitable. Above this range is suitable for lighting up streets or driveways.
Solar Panel Type and Efficiency
Note: Among these four panel types, monocrystalline solar panels are efficient and suitable.
Charging represents the amount of time taken for solar post light to get charged completely. Runtime represents the duration the light will work or last during night. Ideal charging time is considered as 6 to 7 hours while good discharge rate is considered as 10 to 12 hours.
How Can Broken Solar Lights Be Repaired
Entry or intrusion of water
Ensure that your light is turned off.
Open your solar panel/light and gently rinse off each part, paying close attention to the sensor.
Carefully put it back together.
To help it dry off more, put it somewhere warm and dry.
Check the light manually to make sure it is still functional.
Don’t Miss: How To Implement Solar Energy At Home
Drawbacks Of Solar Post Lights
Similar to other tools or lighting solutions, solar post lights also come with certain downsides. We have included them below for your reference.
- Solar post lights dont emit same brightness as normal electric lights. Because the brightness emitted will largely depend on geographical locations, season availability, weather and other factors.
- For solar post lights to work, at least 6 to 8 hours of direct sun light exposure is required. In case, If the sunlight is not available due to snow or rains, then lights will not glow with full brightness. It will also affect the working hours as it will last for less time.
Best Light Fixtures For Your Dining Room
Whether you prefer modern pendant lights and chandeliers that create dramatic focal points or transitional wall sconces that add a touch of sophistication and intimacy, its important to choose a fixture that provides the right amount of light while complementing your dining room decor. Check out this list to get started choosing the perfect lighting option for your dining room.
You May Like: What Is The Lifespan Of A Solar Panel
How Do Solar Post Lights Work
This solar post lights work by using a solar panel to generate energy from sunlight, convert it into an electrical current which charges internal, rechargeable battery.
The level of battery charge and duration of light time, depend on the amount of sunlight received, so these solar post cap lights will stay illuminated for longer during the summer months.
- LED: 10 pcs LED with cool white
- Dimension: 4.17 x 4.17 x 5.1 inch
- Solar Panel: Polysilicon
- Battery: Ni-MH AAA rechargeable battery
- Working Time: over 10 hours after fully charged
Greenlighting Solar Post Light
This modern design solar powered light includes adapter to bring you a lot of options to your outdoor spaces. This post cap styles will fit for 4X4 and 5X5 and installed on the garden corners, steps, pathways, pool deck, boat dock, etc. It is made with aluminum material with LED light of 5 lumens each.
The LED lights provide better quality of light distribution that lasts longer for up to 6 times than any other light types . It is solar deck lighting that provides ambient lighting without any hassle of external wiring. It works for a longer time at night. It is easy to mount on the railing and entirely maintenance free.
- Color of the Light Bright White
Things we liked:
- The solar panel on the top of the post light for maximum energy conversion.
- The textured glass with excellent design will make the light perfect for many outdoor spaces.
- The automatic turn on/off lights along with weatherproof and waterproof feature will make it effective.
- Easy to install and it lasts for about 6 hours.
Things we didnt like:
- It wont come with any warranty.
- The quality of the material is not up to the mark.
Read Also: Is Solar Tax Credit Refundable
Siedinlar Solar Post Lights
This Siednlar solar post lights comes with high transmittance. It comes with beautiful metal lamp that has 3000k warm white light that provide unique decorative patterns. It fits the post between 3.5 to 5.1 inches.
One can install this light by using stainless steel screw through the base of the fixture. Install these lights on the wooden piles / fences or any other outdoor locations. The light can work for over 30000 hours and made with anti-corrosion metals to use them in any outdoor environment. It is weatherproof and waterproof and comes with 1 year warranty.
- Battery Type NiMH
Things we liked:
- The LED lights comes with long working life and it is easy to install.
- The durable metal of this light will made it not to fade the color with the time.
- It is energy saving with solar energy and has automatic turn on/off feature.
- It comes with less maintenance periodical cleaning light fixture with soft cloth and warm soapy water.
Things we didnt like:
- It is too big for 4X4 post.
- The light intensity and the battery capacity are not up to the mark.
Light Color And Temperature
Solar post lights came in different color options that include warm white, colored and bright white varieties. Warm white has gentler light texture with a yellow hint. Bright white light provides illumination uniformly without creating any patterns on the ground. However, it is harsher with a blue hue. You have to consider light color based on your preference.
When it comes to color temperature, it is usually measured in degrees Kelvin . Higher temperatures are cooler with white color. Lower temperatures have warmer amber light. For residential outdoor lighting, kelvin range has to be between 2500K to 4000K. warmer color temperatures between 2500k to 2700K are usually opted to install on architectural elements. Cooler temperatures are usually opted for illuminating landscapes and gardens. They have kelvin range from 3000 to 4000.
|Security lighting, display areas, garages and task lighting
Also Check: How Costly Is Solar Energy
The Value Of Solar Lamp Posts
Solar lamp post is postsrgy-efficient and won’t raise your electricity costs. The pole will need to be installed by you, which can be challenging and time-consuming, particularly if it is going through concrete. Lithium-ion batteries, solar cells, and LED lights all have a long lifespan before they need to be replaced.
Tips To Consider For Maintaining Solar Post Lights
Compare to other lighting solutions, solar post lights require less care and maintenance. This is the reason they are popular among the users. However, to avoid any repairs, issues or any trouble with working, we recommend to consider below tips.
- Cleaning and replacing the batteries once in a while will ensure the solar post lights will work without any issues.
- If you live in a locality that has long winters and more snowfall, then we recommend to change the battery once in a year. If not, then you can change it once in 2 years.
- For cleaning solar post lights, we recommend to use warm soapy water and clean wash cloth. Using it, you can simply wipe off the dust or grime accumulated on lights and panels.
- If the solar panel has become completely cloudy due to dust, then you have to use clear spray pain for covering the panel. This will prevent any further damage from happening.
- In order to receive good solar power for charging and lighting up, you should cut and prune the nearby trees that may interrupt the sunlight exposure.
- Though solar post lights are durable and strong, it is store them in raining or snowy seasons, especially if they are not weather or waterproof. While storing them, make sure to turn off the lights and place them in a cool dark place.
Also Check: How To Solar Power Your Apartment
Solar Fence Post Cap Lights For 4×4 Posts
Buy solar deck post cap lights for beautiful lighting and instant curb appeal. You can install solar deck post caps for a fraction of the cost of electric or low voltage lights.
Our 2022 addition is the Classy Caps 4 x 4 solar deck post cap lights, with Warm and Bright White LED, and dual purpose mounting hardware. They have a unique design and are a must to check out.
Measure your actual post, and buy the size that will slip right over it. Colors include Bronze, Copper, Black, White, Custom, and elegant Tan Solar Post Cap Lights.
A Volume Discount will be automatically applied to a Minimum Order of 3 Sets of 2 post cap lights. Enjoy a Savings of 10% to 20% on your purchase.
Check out our Classy Caps 4.5″ Black, Bronze or White Imperial that have an adapter to fit an actual 4.5 x 4.5 deck post.
Our Atlantic Solar fence post lights, for vinyl and wood fences, will fit nominal or actual 4×4, 5×5 and 6×6 deck posts. They can be customized with a paint finish and 7 LED color choices.
Outdoor solar post cap lights will protect your fence posts from deteriorating from the elements, and provide you the wonderful security of lighting.
Prestige 4×4 Solar Fence Post Cap Light
Prestige 4×4 Solar Fence Post Cap Light
Light up your yard without increasing your electric bill. This solar post cap adds radiance and allure and is ideal for fences, railings, mailbox posts and walkways, anywhere a soft accent light is desired.
Uses the latest technology, the monocrystalline solar panel absorbs more than 91% optimum solar power allowing up to 12 hours of light per night. We also use high output LED’s for an ultra bright white light.The solar panel converts sunlight energy into electricity during the day. The photocell automatically turns the light on at night with the electricity stored in the batteries. The photo-cell sensor will not turn the light on if there is an additional light source reflecting on it within 12 feet. It requires no wiring, because it runs off of the sunlight energy to recharge the batteries so there is no cost to run the solar cap. It can be easily installed in just minutes by yourself.
To attach the solar post cap light to a post, two stainless steel mounting screws are supplied. You may also apply an exterior-grade construction adhesive to the inside edge of the molding at the bottom of the light, and then place the light firmly onto the post. Some of our solar post lights are designed using a compression fit so mounting screws are not necessary. For more information, refer to the installation instructions
Also Check: How Much Energy Does Tesla Solar Roof Produce
Types Of Solar Panels
Solar panels are usually categorized into four types that include monocrystalline , polycrystalline , Amorphous Silicon Solar Panels and Concentrated PV Cell . We have provided difference between these four types in the table below
- Monocrystalline Solar Panels The efficiency rate of this type is 20% which is the adequate enough for most of the applications. They last much longer than others. They are best suited for commercial usage. However, they are expensive.
- Polycrystalline Solar Panels Their efficiency ranges from 15%. They are cost effective. However, they are sensitive to high temperatures and have less space efficiency.
- Amorphous Silicon Solar Panels They are also known as thin film panels. They come with 7 to 10% which is the lowest of all types. These panels are easy to produce, flexible and cost less. However, they have short lifespan and warranty.
- Concentrated PV Cell They have higher efficiency compared to other types which 41% which makes it the most efficient one. However, it needs solar tracker and cooling system for maintaining the high efficiency rate.
Set Of 2 Solar Powered 4×4 Post Caps Lights
- Usually ships in 24 hours.
Set of 2 Solar Powered 4×4 Post Caps Lights
Post cap lights are a great way to spruce up your deck and landscape. This set of two post caps are solar powered wireless lights that work best for 4×4 standard posts. These contemporary=style black and white solar post caps provide soft lighting to outdoor decks without the hassle of hooking up wiring or using electricity. The solar powered post cap lights include an on-off line switch, and when the post cap solar light is switched to “on”, it will automatically turn on at dusk after charging during the day. Made of strong plastic material, the post cap light will continue shining even in poor weather conditions on a full charge.
- Solar powered post cap lights – includes two post cap lights.
- Type: Deck Lights
- Wireless solar powered post cap lights.
- Fits best on 4in x 4in post.
- Product Features: Bulbs Included, Energy Efficient
- Sturdy plastic housing.
You May Like: How Do I Make My Own Solar Panels