An Important Safety Message
Pine-Sol and other disinfectants are not suitable for consumption or injection under any circumstances. People should always read the label for proper usage instructions. Our products are safe when used as directed. Its critical that everyone understands the facts in order to keep themselves safe and healthy, which is why we continue to educate people about how to use disinfectants safely.
What To Use To Clean Stainless
Before you learn how to clean stainless-steel appliances, there are a few things you should know, starting with which tools and cleaners to use. For cleaning stainless steel as part of your routine kitchen cleaning, a simple microfiber cloth dampened with water will be sufficient. When it’s time to do a more in-depth cleaning, keep rubbing alcohol, vinegar, baking soda, and even rubbing oil on hand.
It’s also important to know what not to use when cleaning stainless-steel appliances. Always avoid using abrasive cleaners or sponges on stainless-steel appliance surfaces, as they can permanently scratch the steel’s surface. Skip the steel wool and chlorine-based cleaners, too. Some cleaning methods include using rubbing oil and essential oils. These products are great cleaning agents, but they’re also flammable. Don’t use them on your oven or other appliances that conduct heat.
Remove Nasty Pet Accident Odors
The worst scent in a home is one that has that animal secretions on it. Pine-Sol works excellent on removing these types of odours.
Simply wipe the area with Pine-Sol and there! The odour is gone. Works well on carpets, tiles, and wooden floors. For wooden floors, add 1/2 cup Pine-Sol to a gallon of water and mop away that stench.
Also Check: How Do You Make A Solar System
How Do You Remove Simple Green Residue
Wipe or scrub the surface with Simple Green Professional Grade Heavy-Duty Towels until the adhesive is fully removed. Toss used towel into trash. If removing adhesive from glass or other high-gloss surface, use a damp microfiber cloth to wipe down the area completely after cleaning. Rinse hands after use.
Can I Use Windex On Stainless Steel
Other Tips for Cleaning Stainless Steel
Fingerprint marks are common on stainless steel and can easily be removed with any common glass cleaner, such as Windex. To avoid drip marks and splatter residue, spray the cleaner onto a microfiber cloth, and then apply it evenly in a circular motion to remove the fingerprints.
Also Check: Does Cleaning Solar Panels Help
How Much Does Instacart Delivery Or Pickup Cost
- Delivery fees start at $3.99 for same-day orders over $35. Fees vary for one-hour deliveries, club store deliveries, and deliveries under $35.
- Service fees vary and are subject to change based on factors like location and the number and types of items in your cart. Orders containing alcohol have a separate service fee.
- Tipping is optional but encouraged for delivery orders. It’s a great way to show your shopper appreciation and recognition for excellent service. 100% of your tip goes directly to the shopper who delivers your order.
- There may be a “pickup fee” on your pick up order that is typically $1.99 for non-Express members. Express membership waives this like it would a delivery fee.
- Pick up orders have no service fees, regardless of non-Express or Express membership.
Can You Use Pine Sol On Laminate Floors
Pine-sol the multi-use floor cleaner is best to use for the cleaning of wood. It is soft on laminate flooring while applying and wiping with the moping. The pine cleaner has been considered one of the most effective cleaners for kitchen, laundry, and surfaces.
The cleaning products are available with original material for several purposes. These clean wood-like soft floors were easy and safe for those who have used them. Also the shine these bring is like just new flooring. The simple cleaning is enough after utilizing pine sol for at least one week.
Also Check: How To Save Solar Energy
The Best Countertop Cleaners For Every Surface
All products featured on Epicurious are independently selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through our retail links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Kitchen countertops bear the heavy load and provide the work canvas for our cooking and baking experiments. They can also harbor a suspicious stretch of bacteriafrom food packaging, our hands, stray ingredientsif we don’t clean them properly.
Counters are made of a variety of materials, so you cant indiscriminately aim a can of Lysol at laminate the same way you would granite, or approach cleaning butcher block in an identical fashion to stainless steel.
Thats why we consulted a range of experts to learn how to safely eradicate all manner of unsightly countertop food stains, as well as that lurking, invisiblewell, you know.
What Kind Of Pine Sol To Use To Clean Wood Floors
Pine-Sol® also comes in other scents, like Lemon Fresh ®, Lavender Clean ®, Sparkling Wave ® and Tropical Flower. Just choose your favorite. All of them will leave your home smelling fresh and clean. You can also use Pine-Sol® Original Squirt N Mop®. Its safe for wood and hard, nonporous surfaces.
Read Also: What Can You Run Off Solar Panels
Some Of The Problems That Can Be Caused By Inhaling Pine Sol
As we alluded to earlier, the effects of Pine SOL on the human respiratory tract can be very different from person to person. However, the most common health problems are listed below:
- Irritation of the mucous membrane
- Nausea and headache
- Allergic reaction and difficulty breathing
- Burning sensation in the eyes and nose
What Paint Colors Look Good With Travertine
Blue / Green or Peacock compliments travertine nicely. You can also go more blue/green or peacock, as shown below. A cool dark green works well too. Going dark to achieve a strong contrast between the light tone of the travertine and the accent color, takes the focus away from the beige of the travertine.
Read Also: How Many Solar Panels Are Needed To Run A House
Removes Grease From Clothing
Grease accidents are bound to happen at some point. As we all know, grease stains can be almost impossible to remove.
I recently discovered that Pine-Sol can be used for laundry purposes also. I decided to test Pine-Sol the on grease spot to see how it would react, and surprisingly the grease stain started fading.
I then tossed in the washer and wash as I would typically do. My result was spectacular as my clothes came out with no sign of a grease spot.
What Is The Best Shop Vac Out There
The 5 Best Shop Vacs of 2021
- Best Overall: DEWALT 16 Gallon Poly Wet/Dry Vac at Amazon.
- Runner Up, Best Overall: Ridgid 2-Stage Commercial Wet/Dry Shop Vacuum at Home Depot.
- Best Budget Shop Vac: Stanley 8 Gallon Shop Vac at Amazon.
- Best Six-Gallon Shop Vac: Vacmaster 6 Gallon Wet/Dry Shop Vac at Amazon.
- Best Eight-Gallon Shop Vac:
You May Like: How Big Does My Solar System Need To Be
Amazon Has Great Product Images And Descriptions
In addition to still images, many of Amazons products have videos. This makes it easier for you to see exactly what you are purchasing. Amazons product descriptions are also quite good. In many cases, Amazon repeats the descriptions furnished by the manufacturer. In other cases, they write their own.
Why Is It Flammable
Pine SOL is a complex mixture of various chemicals. Some of these are different types of alcohol. Some petroleum derivatives are also added. Finally, there are some chemicals meant to make Pine SOL better suited for spraying.
While they all do a great job, they come with the downside of being extremely combustible and even explosive. Thankfully, they form only a small part of the entire solution.
This stops a bottle of Pine SOL from turning into a grenade but it is still flammable. The good news is that it wont spontaneously burst into flames if stored or used properly as we shall see in the next section.
Another important thing to keep in mind is that each chemical component of Pine SOL has been carefully chosen to ensure that they do not start an exothermic reaction among themselves.
As such, you should never mix Pine SOL with other chemicals. Even if you are well-versed in chemistry, remember that there are many chemicals in Pine SOL that arent public knowledge. Be on the safe side and always use Pine SOL in a standalone manner or after dilution with water.
Also Check: Do Solar Attic Fans Work At Night
What Should I Avoid When Pregnant
Foods to avoid in pregnancy
- all hard cheeses such as cheddar, Stilton and parmesan.
- soft pasteurised cheeses such as cottage cheese, mozzarella, feta, cream cheese, paneer, ricotta, halloumi, goats cheese without a white coating on the outside and processed cheese spreads.
- thoroughly cooked soft unpasteurised cheeses, until steaming hot.
Mar 7 Cleaning Mistakes To Avoid
You work hard to keep your home spotless. But your efforts could be doing more harm than good. According to HomeAdvisor, here are 7 mistakes you should avoid when cleaning to prevent undue damage to your home.
Your kitchen sink is a hideout for a multitude of harmful bacteria. Rinsing dishes, cups or silverware in a dirty sink will spread germs and cause serious illnesses like E. coli. Whats more, allowing debris to collect and decay in your sink and disposal can also cause offensive odors.
The fix: Scrub your sink daily with dish soap and a non-abrasive sponge. This will knock down any buildup and eliminate harmful bacteria. Also use bleach to sterilize your sink once every few months. A mixture of vinegar and baking soda will help clean your disposal. Be sure to chase the baking soda-vinegar mixture with boiling water to clean off the blades. Grinding ice, salt and lemon peels in your disposal will also eliminate any odor-causing buildup.
A one-product-cleans-all approach can result in unsightly damage to your home. Heres a quick list of product-related mistakes to avoid:
The fix: Research all new cleaning supplies or chemicals before use. It is especially important to ensure that your cleaning methods and products are approved for your cabinet-countertop setup.
The fix: Avoid mixing the following cleaning products:
Don’t Miss: Is Home Solar Cost Effective
Brilliant Uses Of Pine Sol You Wish You Knew Before
Some may say the scent of Pine-sol is a little strong while others like me are not at all troubled by the scent. As a matter of fact, I think the scent says a lot about the strength of this magnificent product. My first introduction to Pine-Sol was in the bathroom until I kept researching the uses beyond the bathroom. Below I will tell you an amazing experience I had with Pine-Sol. I used it to do almost everything in my home from, floors, to removing foul does and much more. Below are 8 amazing ways you too can use Pine-Sol in your home.
KEEP CATS FROM USING THE WRONG BATHROOMCats love to use corners of your home to do numbers 1 and two. However not all cats are like that, but if your cat has this situation. Here is how to get your cat to stop doing this nasty act. Simply wipe the corner with Pine-Sol. Cats just hate the smell of Pine-Sol and will avoid the smell as much as possible.
]2] REMOVE NASTY PET ACCIDENTSThe worst scent in a home is one that has that animal secretions on it. Pine-Sol works great on removing these types of odors. Simply wipe the area with Pine-Sol and there! the odor is gone. Works well on carpets, tiles and wooden floor. For wooden floors, add 1/2 cup Pine-Sol to a gallon of water and mop away that stench
Can You Use Windex On Stainless Steel
Stainless steel is highly in the demand for home furniture accessories because it resists corrosion and rust. Even the well-planned homes are using its appliances. These are easy to clean with any cleaners spray and cloth. Sometimes a wipe after water spray also does well.
These products make the best choice for the kitchen and bathroom. The window is made of it provides the perfect grip on the glass. People use homemade products like soap, oil, and vinegar for the cleaning of steel. The fingerprints and streaks are common on these appliances but easily removed with stainless steel cleaner.
Stainless steel is mainly in the use of refrigerators, dishwashers, and ovens for kitchen appliances. These get fingerprints and stains easily. At the industrial place and hotels dust and grime raise the risk of rusting so proper washing is very important. Several glass and appliance cleaners with harsh chemicals like Windex promise to maintain the shine and beauty of steel but often fail to do so.
Don’t Miss: Does My Solar Power Work If The Power Goes Out
Can You Use Pine
Many different scents of Pine-Sol now exist today that can fill your kitchen with a pleasant aroma. The cleaning solution can be used many surfaces, such as vinyl, tile, porcelain and other nonporous surfaces. Pine-Sol removes dirt and debris and it also disinfects floors, which makes it ideal for the kitchen.
What Should You Do To Get Rid Of Pine Sol Odor
In my opinion, Pine-Sols pine scent creates a cozy feeling in my house. However, some of my friends seem to be annoyed with it. They shared with me some tips to get rid of the Pine Sol odor. If you are going through the same problem, here are some things you can do:
- Using Baking soda: Place a bowl of baking soda in a room that has a Pine Sol odor. Its main effect is to absorb heavy smells and return fresh air to your home.
- Utilizing activated charcoal powder: Find a carton and fill it with activated charcoal powder. Spread the powder evenly across the bottom to about 1 inch thick. If your room is large, prepare more boxes to absorb the smell better.
- Using unscented cat litter: Basically, it also works to neutralize the scent in your home. I apply the same implementation as the two materials mentioned above.
- Opening the windows: Leave the windows and doors open to create air circulation. If the weather seems bad, you can take advantage of some electrical equipment such as air purifiers, air conditioners, ceiling fans, or exhaust fans. Their filters can remove odors in your house.
Recommended Reading: How To Use Solar Energy At Home
What Happens If Pine
- Find Best Match: By default, your shopper will use their best judgement to pick a replacement for your item.
- Pick Specific Replacement: You can pick a specific alternative for the shopper to purchase if your first choice is out-of-stock.
- Don’t Replace: For items you’d rather not replace, choose “Don’t replace” to get a refund if the item is out of stock.
Mixing Bleach With Other Cleaners
It may seem like it would only help the fight against bacteria and germs, but mixing bleach with other cleaners can cause serious problems. The Association of Residential Cleaning Services, International says bleach should never be mixed with the following:
- Vinegar: When bleach and vinegar are mixed together, the combination creates chlorine gas which can cause eye irritation and breathing problems.
- Ammonia: Bleach mixed with ammonia creates chloramine, a gas which is similar to chlorine gas. Additional symptoms from exposure to chloramine are shortness of breath and chest pain.
- Pine-Sol: If you mix bleach and Pine-Sol in large amounts, it will create chlorine gas.
Recommended Reading: How Much For Sole Proprietorship
Dish Soap & Olive Or Mineral Oil
The Windex cleaner is not free for regular use to clean stainless steel. You should try dish soap or olive oil with mild water to remove the stains in a soft manner. Using the dish soap for cleaning means that you didnt take any risk of scratches on steel appliances.
There is a special cleaner like Windex that cleans glass as well, but the chemicals are not as tough as those included in Windex.
Make sure to follow the below steps
- Stainless steel appliance is easy to clean if there is grain development onto the surface. Always check the direction of the grain before applying Windex cleaner. It is very important to avoid smudges.
- The vertical cleaning of the grain on stainless steel is very important. You can apply polish after cleaning it completely. This may remove an abrasive outlook and add attractiveness.
- Deep and shiny cleaning is possible with these products. These are equally effective on the glass as well. The glass top works great after the use of few drops of oil for cleaning. It removes the need for glass replacement.
- The ammonia-containing dish soap is lighter than Windex cleaner and doesnt fade the original color of the appliance. As you know home available products are safe to clean light appliances of stainless steel and glass, but reviews of Windex also assist the best.
- Always use a paper towel and pure white cotton to wipe fingerprints from stainless steel and windows glass.
How Can You Remove Stains On Carpet With Pine
From now on, we will get back to some professional cleaning tips. Lets start learning how to use Pine Sol to remove carpet stains. The process includes the following steps.
- Step 1: Prepare microfiber wipes or sponges, water, and Original Pine Sol .
Original Pine Sol is a globally famous brand
- Step 2: Rub a little Pine Sol on grease or carpet stains. You can also use the product on an entire rug to refresh it completely. If you are not sure about the color-fastness of your rug, it would be best to test in a few less visible areas first.
- Step 3: Let the soaked areas rest for 15 minutes. Then, dip the towel in the water and use it to wipe off the Pine Sol liquid. It would be best if you repeated this movement several times until the carpet became clean.
- Step 4: Use another cloth to dry the area thoroughly.
Cleaning carpet with Pine Sol is as easy as a piece of cake. You can remove stubborn spot stains easily without moving the carpet to another place. After that, if you still suffer from an unpleasant smell, Pin -Sol becomes your savior again. Please refer to my method in the next section.
Don’t Miss: Should I Go Solar In Arizona